Holland Waterway + Brussels
APRIL – 7 NIGHTS TOTAL
TULIP TIME IN THE NETHERLANDS
AMSTERDAM / HOLLAND WATERWAYS CRUISE / BRUSSELS
Suggested Program Inclusives
- Transfer by motorcoach with airport porterage and English-speaking guide from the Amsterdam Airport to the Ibis Schipol Hotel, or similar. Dayrooms will be provided upon arrival through mid afternoon for relaxation until the cruise ship is ready to receive the group at approximately 5:00-6:00 PM.
- Transfer by motorcoach with English-speaking guide from the airport hotel to the cruise ship with panoramic Amsterdam city tour of up to 2 hours prior to ship embarkation.
- Four night Holland Waterways River cruise from Amsterdam to Antwerp, Belgium with port taxes, daily buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner included. The first 2 nights of the cruise are on board the ship in Amsterdam. (Excursions from the ship are not included in the cruise price but they can be costed into the program on a group basis only. This gives you the option rather than being mandatory.)
- Transfer by motorcoach with English-speaking guide and porterage from the ship in Antwerp to Brussels. A brief Brussels city orientation tour by motorcoach, a lunch snack of Belgian waffles and coffee, plus, a guided walking tour of the Grand Place area, shortly after hotel checkin.
- Three nights first class accommodations at NH Grand Place Arenberg Hotel in Brussels, or similar, with all current taxes, daily buffet breakfast and in/out hotel porterage included.
- Full day guided motorcoach tour of Ghent & Bruges, including all entrance fees & a canal cruise in Bruges. Lunch with coffee/tea is also included.
- Full day motorcoach tour to the World War II historical sites in eastern Belgium including all entrance fees. Lunch with coffee/tea is included.
- Three course farewell dinner with coffee/tea at a local Brussels restaurant within walking distance of the hotel.
- Transfer by motorcoach with airport porterage and English-speaking assistance from the Brussels hotel to the Brussels Airport.
Proposed Daily Itinerary
Transfer with English-speaking assistance and porterage from the Amsterdam Airport to the airport hotel for dayroom services. Prior to embarkation at the Amsterdam pier, which is scheduled between 5:00-6:00 PM, a panoramic city tour will be conducted. Upon arrival at the ship, there will be immediate checkin with time allowed to settle into the cabins before the introduction of the crew. There is also a special cocktail reception that takes place prior to dinner on board. After dinner, there is an optional river boat cruise by night through the canals of Amsterdam. Overnight on the ship in Amsterdam.
Breakfast is on board with the morning free to explore Amsterdam and discover its excellent museums, as well as, other cultural aspects of this international city. Lunch is served on board. In the afternoon, there is an optional excursion offered to the town of Volendam to tour its mills and cheese factories. Dinner is on board with the remainder of the evening free for individual sightseeing. Overnight on the ship in Amsterdam.
After breakfast on board, there is an optional excursion offered to the Keukenhof Gardens. The tour begins in Amsterdam while the ship sets sail for Utrecht. After completion of the tour, the participants will meet and board the ship in Utrecht in time for lunch on board. The ship then sets sail for Rotterdam. The Captain’s Evening is tonight with dinner on board. Overnight on the ship in Rotterdam.
Early morning departure from Rotterdam. Before calling at Antwerp, we will sail through Dordrecht and the Holland Diep (inland sea) before passing the Volkerak and Kreekak Locks. After crossing the Dutch-Belgium border, we will continue on the Escault towards the Antwerp port. Antwerp is the second largest port in the world after Rotterdam. Dinner is on board the ship with the evening free to explore the “old town” of Antwerp on your own. Overnight on the ship in Antwerp.
Disembarkation in Antwerp takes place after breakfast is served on board the ship. A private motorcoach with an English-speaking guide arrives at the ship pier in Antwerp to transfer the group to Brussels. Upon arrival in Brussels, prior to hotel checkin, there will be a panoramic city tour followed by a lunchtime snack of Belgian waffles & coffee. After lunch, it will be time for hotel checkin. After a chance for the group to freshen up, your guide will take you on a walking tour around the hotel’s immediate neighborhood and introduce you to the Grand Place. This evening is free for dinner on your own. Overnight at a hotel in Brussels.
After breakfast, the group will board their private motorcoach, and with their guide, drive to the city of Ghent to visit the historical sites before continuing on to the beautiful city of Bruges. This is one of the most unique cities in all of Europe. It is famous for handmade lace and canals. A group lunch will be served at a local Bruges restaurant during the tour, which will also include a canal boat cruise through the city. That evening dinner is on your own in Brussels. Overnight at a hotel in Brussels.
After breakfast, the group will board their private motorcoach and with their guide, proceed to eastern Belgium to visit historical World War II sites, including a stop in Bastogne where the Battle of the Bulge took place. There will be other stops along the way and a group lunch will be served at a local Belgian restaurant. Upon returning to Brussels, there will be time to relax before taking a short walk to a restaurant nearby your hotel for a farewell dinner.
After breakfast, and according to flight departure time, the group will board their private motorcoach with their guide for the short drive to the Brussels Airport and the return flight back to the U.S.
Please note the following:
- Additional hotel nights and ground services can be added in Holland, Belgium, Germany, France and/or Luxembourg.
- CroisiEurope offers Rhine and/or Seine River cruises that could be added onto this program.
- CroisiEurope also offers a reverse sailing from Antwerp to Amsterdam.
- If your time in Amsterdam on board the ship is too short, we recommend adding some nights at a hotel.