Munich + The Rhine River
April – October
MUNICH / BADEN-BADEN /
RHINE RIVER CRUISE / AMSTERDAM
Munich – 3 Nights
Rhine River Cruise – 5 Nights
Suggested Program Inclusives
- Private coach transfer with guide and airport porterage from the Munich Airport to the Munich hotel.
- Guided panoramic city tour of Munich after airport arrival and prior to midafternoon hotel checkin (lunch not included).
- Three nights first class hotel accommodations with in/out hotel porterage, daily buffet breakfast and all current taxes at the King’s Hotel in Munich.
- Welcome dinner on the day of arrival at the Rathskellar Restaurant in Munich’s city center with roundtrip transfers from the hotel included.
- German buffet dinner and folkloric show at the world-famous Hofbrauhaus, including entrance fee and 1 glass of beer.
- Full day guided private coach Tour of the Bavarian Castles with stops at Linderhof Castle, Weiskirche and Neuschwanstein Castle, including all entrance fees.
- Two course lunch on the Tour of the Bavarian Castles at a local restaurant.
- Full day guided touring transfer by private coach from Munich to the ship pier in Strasbourg, via Baden-Baden.
- Lunch and wine tasting in Baden-Baden, as well as, a city walking tour with a local guide from Baden-Baden.
- Five nights Rhine River cruise from Strasbourg to Amsterdam. This includes all meals while on board the ship and port taxes for a main deck cabin. (Tours from the ship are not included but can be costed into the program for the entire group.)
- Private coach transfer with English-speaking assistance from the ship pier in Amsterdam to the Amsterdam Airport.
Proposed Daily Itinerary
Arrival at Munich International Airport this morning where a private coach & guide will be waiting to take the group on a panoramic tour of Munich. There will be time for lunch (not included in the price) in the city center, prior to hotel checkin. Famous sites included on the tour are; the Nymphenburg Palace, the English Garden, Karlsplatz, Schwabing & the Olympic Park which was the site of the 1972 Summer Olympic games. Upon completion of the tour, you will arrive at the hotel for checkin. The rest of the day is free with a group dinner planned at a nearby local restaurant. (Breakfast on the plane, D)
Today is a free day to sightsee on your own. Munich has plenty of great museums, churches, markets, sidewalk cafes & restaurants. Lunch is on your own but dinner is with the rest of the group at the world-famous Hofbrauhaus where you will enjoy a hearty German buffet meal, a glass of beer & the folkloric show. (B,D)
After a big breakfast, we meet our coach & guide for a full day on a Tour of the Bavarian Castles. You will visit the legendary Neuschwanstein Castle (famous as the model for Walt Disney’s movies), the Weiskirchen (white rococo church) & the Linderhof Castle. A group lunch will be served at a most beautiful location in Bavaria. Upon completion of the tour, you will be taken back to your Munich hotel. The rest of the day is free & dinner is on your own. (B,L)
After breakfast & hotel checkout, there is an early morning departure from Munich along the Autobahn via Stuttgart to Baden-Baden. Located in the northern Black Forest area, Baden-Baden is famous for its spas, cultural activities, its lovely gardens and the oldest, most beautiful casino in all of Germany. After a short orientation tour, a typical Badenian group lunch is served followed by a tasting of the excellent Local Badenian wines. A walking tour will follow lunch with some time to shop before proceeding on to Strasbourg.
CroisiEurope / Rhine Cruise Itinerary # HSA / Strasbourg – Amsterdam
Embarkation onto the CroisiEurope ship takes place in Strasbourg between 6:00-7:00 PM. Time is allowed to settle comfortably into your cabin before meeting the crew during a welcome cocktail reception in the lounge. Dinner is served on board before you are invited to take an optional guided canal boat tour around the city center. Overnight is in Strasbourg. (B,L,Dinner on the ship)
Breakfast is served on board while cruising north on the Rhine towards the charming town of Rudesheim. Along the way, the ship passes great towns like Speyer with its famous cathedral, the massive port facilities located in Ludwigshafen, as well as, Mannheim, the old Episcopal city of Worms and Mainz, the capital of Rhineland-Palatinate. Lunch is served on board before arriving in Rudesheim at 4:00 PM. We invite you to disembark in Rudesheim and enjoy some free time to discover the town for yourselves, or to take an optional excursion by minitrain to tour the town and visit the musical instrument museum. Dinner is served on board followed by a free evening that can be spent on the lively Drosselgasse, a pedestrian street that is famous for its open-air taverns, wine bars, dance halls and oompah music. Overnight is in Rudesheim.
Today you sail through the most beautiful stretch of the Romantic Rhine River where the lush vineyards are dotted with romantic castles and picturesque wine towns. We also travel past the legendary Loreley Rock on the way north. Lunch is served on board before continuing on towards Cologne, while passing by the cities of Koblenz and Bonn. Take advantage of a 2 hour stop to visit Cologne with the ship’s escort who will take you on foot to the famous Cologne Cathedral. As this is not a formal walking tour with a guide, you are free to explore the Cathedral on your own. Return to the ship and cruise on in the direction of Dusseldorf. A dinner and gala evening is planned on board the ship with an overnight stop in Dusseldorf.
The ship departs early from Dusseldorf with breakfast served on board. You cross the German/Dutch border in Emmerich and the cruise continues on from Utrecht in order to reach Amsterdam in the evening. Lunch and dinner will be served on board before enjoying some free time in Amsterdam after dinner. An optional canal cruise of Amsterdam is offered and you can see the city sights at night. Overnight is in Amsterdam.
After breakfast, you may want to spend the morning on an optional tour of Amsterdam and a visit with its diamond merchants. The Dutch capital is indeed a truly delightful city with a rich and fascinating past, offering its visitors a striking contrast between traditional Dutch architecture and other more unusual landmarks, such as the Red Light District. Return to the ship for lunch. The afternoon may be spent visiting Keukenhof Gardens on an optional tour. These beautiful but seasonal tulip fields are only open to the public from March 22-May 20 (2008 dates only). Out of season, you may choose between an optional excursion to Volendam or Zaanse Schans. Dinner is served on board the ship. There is a free evening to explore Amsterdam on your own. You may also ask to be dropped off in the city centre. Overnight is in Amsterdam.
Breakfast is served on board before disembarkation takes place around 9:00 AM. Upon disembarkation, a private motorcoach and guide will be waiting at the Amsterdam pier to take you to the Amsterdam Airport for the flight back to the U.S.