Seine River + Normandy
April – October
Normandy – 2 Nights
Seine River Cruise – 6 Nights
Suggested Program Inclusives
- Transfers by deluxe motorcoach with airport porterage (2 pieces of luggage per person) & English-speaking guide from the applicable Paris airport to the Churchill Hotel in Bayeaux on DAY 1.
- Guided tour to Monet’s house & gardens in Giverny with entrance fees included on DAY 1. (Please note that this tour does not operate on Mondays as the Monet house is closed.).
- Two course lunch with beverages at the Hotel Baudyin in Giverny on DAY 1.
- Two nights superior tourist class accommodations at the Churchill Hotel in Bayeaux including in/out hotel porterage, daily buffet breakfast, current taxes & service charges from Day 1-3.
- Three course dinner with beverages at a local Normandy restaurant nearby the Churchill Hotel (within 2 minutes walk) on the evenings of DAYS 1-2.
- Full day guided tour of DDAY landing beaches and the DDAY museum (including entrance fees) on DAY 2.
- Three course lunch with beverage at a local Arromanches restaurant on DAY 2.
- Full day guided tour transfer ending at the ship pier in Honfleur. Morning tour in Bayeux to see their famous tapestry (entrance fees included).
- Three course lunch with beverage in Honfler for DAY 3 lunch.
- Walking tour of Honfleur on DAY 3 prior to embarkation on the ship at 6:00 PM.
- Six night Seine River cruise with CroisiEurope from Honfleur to Paris including; port taxes, daily buffet breakfast, lunch & dinner for main deck cabins. (Excursions from the ship are not included but can be costed into the program on a group basis only.)
- Transfer by motorcoach with porterage & English-speaking assistant from the ship pier in Paris to the applicable Paris airport on DAY 9.
Proposed Daily Itinerary
After arrival in the applicable Paris Airport, your guide in Normandy will be waiting for the group. Transfer by deluxe motorcoach to the city of Bayeaux. Prior to arrival in Bayeaux, you will visit the Monet house & gardens in Giverny (closed to the public on Mondays). What a beautiful way to begin your trip to France. After the tour, you will stop for a group lunch in the town of Giverny before continuing on to Bayeaux. Upon arrival in Bayeaux, you will check into the Churchill Hotel with the rest of the day is free for relaxation. That evening, you will have a group dinner in a typical Normandy restaurant near the hotel. Overnight is in Bayeaux.
Today is a busy day. After breakfast at the hotel, your Normandy guide returns to take the group on a full day tour to the Normandy beaches and to the DDay Museum. During this day, you will learn more about the heroic battle that took place on June 6, 1944 and taken to many of the most famous sites associated with what has been called, “The
Longest Day”. A group lunch in Arromanches is planned along with a visit to the DDay Museum, prior to returning to your hotel in Bayeaux. That evening another group dinner is planned at your Bayeaux hotel. Overnight in Bayeaux.
Another busy day is planned today. After breakfast and hotel checkout, your guide and motorcoach arrive to show you more of this beautiful region of Normandy. Before leaving Bayeaux, you will be taken to view one of the world’s most famous tapestries. The Bayeaux Tapestry is a lively picture story that justifies William the Conqueror’s invasion in the 11th century at the Battle of Hastings. It is 230 feet long and besides the action-packed battle scenes, it also offers insight into everyday life in Normandy. After leaving Bayeaux, we drive through the Normandy countryside to the fishing port of Honfleur for lunch at a local restaurant. Embarkation on the ship in Honfleur will take place between 6:00-7:00 PM. Until then, there will be time enjoy the beautiful harbor and shops. Upon ship embarkation, time is allowed to settle into the cabins prior to a cocktail reception to introduce the captain and the crew. This is followed by dinner on board with the rest of the evening free. Overnight in Honfleur.
Breakfast is on board the ship. An optional tour of Honfleur is offered highlighting the fishing port with its old houses, picturesque passageways, salt attics and St. Catherine Church which was built between the 15th and 16thcenturies. It is the largest church in France built entirely of wood. Honfleur is a truly superb city located at the mouth of the Seine River. Return on board for lunch. In the afternoon, an optional tour is offered to the fashionable towns of Deauville and Trouville on the Cote Fleurie. You will visit a Calvados there before returning to the ship in the evening for dinner. Departure of the ship from Honfleur to Caudebec-en-Caux will take place according to the tides for an overnight sailing.
After breakfast on board the ship, there is an optional guided tour offered to discover the Road of the Abbeys and the church of Caudebec-en-Caux which dates to the 15th century. The tour continues on to Jumieges where you will see the ruins of one of one the most beautiful abbeys in France and the St. Pierre Church, which is known as one of the finest examples of 10th century Norman architecture. Return to the ship in time for lunch on board as we set sail for Rouen. Approximate arrival time in Rouen is 4:00 PM. There is free time to visit Rouen on your own prior to dinner on board the ship. Overnight Rouen.
Breakfast is served on board the ship followed by an optional walking tour of Rouen. Your guide will take you through the old quarters, the cathedral and the Old Market Place where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake. Return on board the ship for lunch and the continuation of the cruise towards Vernon. Dinner is served on board the ship with a gala evening planned. Overnight in Vernon.
Departure of the ship early in the morning with breakfast served on board. There will be a brief port call at Mantes-la-Jolie where passengers interested in the optional tour to the palace in Versailles will leave the ship while it continues on towards Paris. (Please note that Versailles is closed on Mondays. A substitute is offered on Mondays to Auvers-sur-Oise Castle where visitors can view paintings from the artists; Daubigny, Cezanne and Van Gogh.) Versailles, and its lovely gardens, is classified as one of the most prestigious and beautiful monuments in the world. It is a testimonial to French art and architecture in the 17th century. Tour participants return to the ship at Conflans St. Honorine around 12:00 Noon for lunch on board. A delightful afternoon of cruising lies ahead with noticeable scenery changes as we approach Paris. En route, we will pass alongside La Defense, a futuristic quarter with its concrete and glass architecture. Dinner is served while on board the ship. This city of lights is wonderously alive and ready for exploration. Overnight Paris.
After breakfast on board, you will have an entire day to explore this wonderful city. In the morning, an optional half day guided panoramic tour of Paris is offered. Among other
famous sites, you will see the Place de la Concorde, drive down the Champs-Elysees, around the Arc de Triomphe and the Hotel de Invalides. Lunch is served on board after the tour. The afternoon is totally free to sightsee on your own now that you know where everything is located. Dinner is served on board the ship. Your final overnight is in Paris.
After breakfast on board, disembarkation in Paris takes place at 9:00 AM.
Please note the following:
- Land program inclusives can be altered according to client itinerary specifications and budget concerns.
- Additional ground services, hotel overnights and group meals can also be added as each program is fully customized.
- If the group wants to visit Mont St. Michel, we recommend adding another full day in the Bayeaux hotel.
- Themed walking tours and/or guided museum visits in Paris may be added on DAY 8 for the group.
- Full and/or half day tours outside of Paris can also be added on DAY 8 for the group, or with the additional of another overnight in Paris.
- A farewell Seine River dinner cruise is another excellent option for the group.
- CroisiEurope also offers cruises on the Seine River up to 7 nights. It is even possible to take the cruise in the opposite direction from Paris to Honfleur.
- This program can be combined with a Rhone River cruise from 3-6 nights and a post-cruise land program to Nice/Monte Carlo or Provence.