Bored Housewives Invade Luzern
We invite you to join us in Luzern, Switzerland. One of the most beautiful cities in Europe for a memorable week of fun at the Winter Carnival. On and off throughout, you will enjoy parades, colorful costumes, marching bands, and the hospitality that the folks in Luzern are famous for.
We have chosen to stay at the comfortable Hotel Waldstatterhof, a superior tourist class hotel located right across the street from the Luzern train station, and only a few blocks from the famous wooden Chapel Bridge. Just across from the Reuss River in the “Old Town” section of Luzern, with great shops and restaurants. Luzern is a gateway to other famous destinations, like; Zurich, Interlaken, Lugano, and Berne, among others. The price is right, and so is the location.
- Guided coach transfer from the Zurich Airport to the Luzern Hotel.
- Guided walking tour of Luzern.
- Six nights accommodations at the superior tourist class Waldstatterhof Hotel with daily buffet breakfast & in/out hotel porterage.
- Welcome dinner at a local restaurant within walking distance of the hotel of 3 courses with wine, beer, water, coffee or tea.
- First class lake steamer cruise from Luzern to Vitznau on Lake Luzern for a half day guided tour of Mt. Rigi. Cogwheel train is taken from Vitznau to Mt. Rigi with a return to Weggis by train and cable car, followed by a transfer to Luzern.
- Evening dinner show of local music bands at the Stadtkellar Restaurant to celebrate Carnival. 3 course meal with 1/2 liter of beer or wine, plus water.
- Full day guided coach tour to Lugano in the Italian part of Switzerland.
- Lunch during the tour of Lugano with pizza & wine or beer, coffee or tea, at a local restaurant.
- Coach transfer with guide from the hotel to Zurich airport (porterage is not included).
Not included in the program
- Transatlantic airfare, travel insurance, airport porterage & personal expenses.
- Gratuities to coach drivers, guides, hotel workers and supplemental restaurant tips.
- Meals and special entrance fees that are not listed in the above program inclusives.
Additional program options to consider (transfers extra):
- Tour of the Swiss Transport Museum in Luzern.
- Full day guided tour to Interlaken & Grindelwald.
- Roundtrip train tickets & guided walking tours to Basel, Zurich or Berne.
- Half day tour to Mt. Pilatus.
- Gourmet dinners at local Luzern restaurants.
Please note the following:
- Program prices are ultimately provided to our supplier in Swiss francs.
- Final quoted group prices are usually based on a minimum of 20 paying and are subject to hotel availability. Prices are calculated only when group space has been reserved.
- On our Bored Housewives Tour Series, your prices decrease with the increased numbers and an increase in the value of the U.S. dollar to European currencies.