Bored Housewives Invade Vienna
Vienna is truly a world-class city with ornate palaces, wonderful musuems, a well-preserved city center, lovely parks and gardens, monuments to famous classical composers and marvelous architecure, as well as, historic religious sites. But Vienna is also an important port on the Danube River for hundreds of river cruise passengers that disembark daily to discover for themselves why this city is so popular.
Tourists love how clean and well-organized Vienna is, especially around the pedestrian-only areas. Long-time visitors, like myself since 1981, also remember back to when it was the place where east met west. Political refugees came to Vienna not just during the cold war era but also in the 1800’s and the 1900’s when it was a center of power, the crown jewel of the Hapsburg dynasty. The city was also a magnet for artists and musicians throughout history. Along with Budapest, it is known for its love of opera.
Vienna is a remarkably quiet and romantic city that continually rewards its visitors whether they are repeaters or first-timers to the city.
- Guided coach transfer with porterage from Vienna Airport to the Vienna Hotel.
- Panoramic city tour of Vienna on arrival with a guided walking tour of your neighborhood.
- Three course light lunch on arrival day at a local Vienna restaurant with wine, mineral water & coffee/tea.
- Eight day pass for the Vienna tram system.
- Six nights accommodations at the superior tourist class Hotel de France with daily buffet breakfast & in/out hotel porterage.
- Welcome dinner at Hotel de France of 3 courses with 1 beverage (beer, wine or soft drink).
- Half day guided coach tour to the Schonnbrunn Palace with entry fees.
- Two hour guided shopping tour on foot in Vienna’s city center.
- Tour of the English Riding School to view the morning training session.
- Light lunch at the world-famous Demel Coffee Shop.
- Guided private tour, with entrance fees, to one of the following: Albertina Museum, The Fine Arts Museum, or The Palace Liechtenstein.
- Buffet dinner at a typical Viennese Heurigen in Grinzing with wine, mineral water & 1 coffee/tea.
- Guided walking tour to discover Vienna’s Jewish heritage with entrance fees to the Jewish Museum & The Jewish Memorial.
- Full day guided tour to Budapest (about 12 hours in duration).
- Three course lunch at a local Budapest restaurant with 1 wine or beer, mineral water & 1 coffee/tea.
- Guided walking tour in Vienna’s old city with the theme of classical musical composers.
- Farewell three course dinner at the Palace Pallavicini with aperitiv, 1 glass of wine, 1 mineral water & 1 coffee/tea.
- Coach transfer with guide from the hotel to the Vienna Airport (porterage is not included).
Not included in the program:
- Transatlantic airfare, travel insurance, return airport porterage & personal expenses.
- Gratuities to coach drivers, guides, hotel workers and supplemental restaurant tips.
- Meals and special entrance fees that are not listed in the above program inclusives.
Additional program options to consider (transfers extra):
- Tours to other Vienna Museums.
- Full day guided tour to Salzburg.
- Full day guided tour to the Wachau Valley of the Danube River, including Melk Abbey.
- Roundtrip train ticket & walking tour of Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Gourmet dinners at local Vienna restaurants.
Please note the following:
- Program prices are ultimately paid to our supplier in Euros.
- Final quoted group prices are usually based on a minimum of 20 paying with 1 free, and are subject to hotel availability. Prices are calculated only when group space has been reserved.
- On our Bored Housewives Tour Series, your prices decrease with increased numbers and an increase in the value of the U.S. Dollar to the Euro.